Hey dudes!

I’m pleased to announce the forthcoming v1.1 update for Forever Drive!

Yeah!

This version has lots of features which should improve the quality of tracks, as well as stuff that lets you win free Credits, making it easier to earn XP. And we also made it more fun!
We’ve added a ton of features and improvements:

Better Tracks
* Users now have to drive a track before they’re allowed to submit it, which should reduce the number of bad tracks.
* We’ve added a “Report Track” button, so if someone’s made an unfinishable track with a previous version, you can email us a report directly, without having to complete the track
* Rating tracks with a thumbs up or thumbs down has a more immediate effect – if you give a track a bad rating, you won’t see it again!
* Used up all your track slots? Want to make a better track? You can now edit your tracks after they’ve been uploaded, or even wipe them and replace them with completely new tracks. So you can make them way more awesome.
* We fixed an obscure bug in the map editor which allowed people to make overlapping tracks
* You now get rewarded for rating tracks, with points and also unique unlockables. Yeah!
* Improved randomisation of tracks. It’s actually less random, but it feels more random, because it’s more likely to choose tracks on your device that you haven’t played. It also downloads new tracks more frequently, so you can keep driving forever!

Better Gameplay
* We’ve added a new hi-score: max combo! There’s also several new Leader Boards to compete in, so you can show off your amazing driving skills in more ways!
* Removed the uncontrollable boost when crossing a checkpoint with a high combo, because it was making everyone crash into walls! You’ll still get a boost if you’re running out of time and just manage to roll across the line though.
* Improved controls – we’ve tweaked the button positions in Arcade Mode, and also rearranged the iPad controls so they’re easier to use.
* We’ve added a help link, which gives you tips on how to max out that score!

Fixed Bugs
* Fixed a rare bug which meant you didn’t get all your XP for a race if you hit a particular combination of buttons at certain moments! Sorry about that one!

New Scenery
* Just for fun, we’ve added two new sets of scenery for the track editor, “Urban Spaces” and “Monorail”. They’re wicked good.
* Both sets can be unlocked without spending any credits, so go for it!

The Feature Everyone’s Been Asking For

Oooh! Free Credits!

* At last, you can now win Bonus Credits, without paying any money!
* If you have Push Notifications enabled, you can get bonus credits even when you’re not playing…awesome! You can still get extra credits from the shop in-game, so feel free to do that as well. You know, so we can afford food and stuff…

:-)

We’ve already submitted the update to Apple, just waiting for approval and then we can send it out to all of you! Expect it to be in the app store in the next few days. Meanwhile we’re already working on some awesome new features for 1.2 – it’s still in the experimental stages, but we’re hoping to add a WHOLE NEW GAME MODE. Shhhh I’m not allowed to talk about it yet….

14 Responses to “Forever Drive 1.1 Update Announced”
  1. Greg says:

I lost my purchases after the upgrade I had bought the cop car skin & now it’s asking me to buy it again
    Lowellnix@comcast.net

2. Greg says:

3. Pixel Junglist says:

Nice news! Happy with updates. Already playing Forever Drive for few months. Lovely game guys, keep going with new updates and achievements.

4. Michel says:

I buy a F1 car. When I update my car was lost???

5. Forum Admin says:

Hey guys! Don’t worry, help is at hand! So, if you bought any DLC (cars, paintworks etc) you can download it again for free. Just choose “buy” from the shop, and iTunes will tell you “you’ve already bought this item, download it again for free?”.

Problem solved!

Note – this doesn’t apply to Credits or Track Slots. Don’t worry, they should still be there when you update (obviously don’t delete the app before you update, otherwise there’s not much we can do!). If you have any problems, give us a shout on the forums…

Thanks!

6. Jaime says:

After I update to iOS 5.0.1, the game sometimes crashes, please fix this.

Thanks in advance!!!

7. A says:

8. Forum Admin says:

Hey Jaime – yup we saw that crash, sorry about that! It should be fixed in the forthcoming 1.2 update, which also has some awesome new stuff – including a whole new game mode – that will BLOW YOUR MIND :-) Should be out early january…stay tuned!

9. Forum Admin says:

“A says:
    My automI a 28 does not count any more mileage after 33329, therefore I’ll never get to unlock the bling version. Help!”

Hey dude – I think you’re looking at score rather than mileage there. To unlock the bling versions of each car you need to beat that score *in a single run*! The bling cars are a real test of skill! So your best single run so far is 33,329 – pretty good, but not quite enough for the bling! Keep trying!

10. IDMah says:

App store say there is an update but then says it’s unavailable.. ???
    at least in Canadian app store..

11. BladedMako says:

I am very unhappy with the update. Not only did it not work for longer than a week, my level has been reset to 1. I was at fourteeen and it takes a long time to get up to that level. Now I have no chance of competing in the challenges because I have been reduced to using the stock car. I’d like to see this fixed, please.

12. Forum Admin says:

Hey BladedMako – we’re currently dealing with some issues caused by a problem with Apple’s iTunes servers – that would account for the delay in getting it, and I’m afraid we’re waiting for Apple to sort that one out! However, you shouldn’t have been reset to level 1 – unless you deleted the app instead of updating it, in which case you would have deleted your data? If you did that, you may be able to restore it from your iTunes if you’ve got automatic backup turned on. Sorry about that! Unfortunately deleting the app wipes most of the data :-(
    If by any chance you got reset to level 1 and you *didn’t* delete the app before reinstalling – please let us know on the forums, cos that definitely shouldn’t be happening! Thanks, and sorry about that! I hope the fun of the new mode makes up for the pain of losing your cars – and don’t worry, you can still enter the amateur challenge, because it limits the cars allowed to the earliest unlocked ones, so that it’s fairer for people who haven’t unlocked much. Hope that helps!

13. M says:

Hey, I love the idea of the weekly challenges, but last competition I finished in the top 500 and it said “sorry, so close” and it didn’t get me the 50 credits. I took a picture of it where it says I finished in the top 500 but didn’t get me credits if you need proof.

14. Forum Admin says:

Hi M, Yes sorry about that! It’s a know bug, obviously we’re working on fixing that RIGHT NOW! It’s one of those bugs that’s kinda impossible to find until we actually tried the challenge on the real world, but hopefully we’ll be able to sort you out! Please be patient…and well done on the top 500 position!